Self-construction instead of mass-production.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

My Element

I just bought a car. I JUST BOUGHT A CAR. I've never done that by myself. I've been driving the same Ford Exlporer that my Dad bought since I was 18. So this is QUITE an exciting day.

A Honda Element...so functional, so cool. The main reason I decided on the Element, aside from the fact it's a rockin' car, is because it's the best car for a LONG road trip....long like the one Tahj and I are planning for this fall.

Road/Climbing Trip '06. Can't wait. It's in the planning stage currently. But the tenative plan is to leave at the end of September and be on the road for about 7 weeks. We're hitting up tons of climbing hot spots through the west/northwest. We'll be living in the car or in a tent mostly. Luckily, the Element's seats fold down and together to make a nice little double bed.

Now that I bought the car I can check that off the list of things needed for the trip. Next thing I need to do is tell my parents I'm quitting my job and driving around the country, living in my car. THAT will be fun...ugh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

you know i'm happy that you own an element. mainly that you have a great car that you like and that you can sleep in while on your road trip and that gets amazing gas mileage. would i ever buy one.. no. but that's just me. :)

4:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home