Self-construction instead of mass-production.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

I Like Trees

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Aside from clouds and mountains, trees are my favorite part of nature. There are so many different ones and they are so expressive. Some look sad and lanky, others mighty and strong. It's amazing how "people-like" they can appear.

I'm dying to go to Sequoia National Forest and see the HUGE Sequoias there. Those blow my mind.

I read this on Matt T's Blog: "I want my life to constantly evolve. To grow like a tree with deep roots and many branches. I’m aiming to not hold back and to keep my eyes open for new opportunities."

Beautifully put. Life is about growing and branching out...taking on new and different opportunities. I feel like our society has twisted us into thinking the ideal life is one with a steady job and day-in-day-out routine. But there is so much more out there....our world is HUGE and infinite with possibilities. It seems most people grow to a certain point, learn just enough to get by, and then remain stagnant for the rest of their lives.

I don't want to be stagnant. I want to grow to be as big as a Sequoia. I want my bark to appear beautiful because of all the layers it holds in. I want to be taller than most because of how much I've grown. And of course I want to be deeply rooted in what is right and good.

"Like a cedar of Lebanon he will send down his roots; his young shoots will grow.
His splendor will be like an alive tree, his fragrance like a cedar of Lebanon.
Men will dwell again in his shade."

Hosea 14:6-7

2 Comments:

Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

beautiful...

10:15 AM

 
Blogger Carrie said...

This is an awesome post, there are so many good examples in nature that we can draw from.

10:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home