Self-construction instead of mass-production.

Thursday, May 01, 2008

May First

It is May 1st. How the heck did THAT happen??? Last night was a wonderful way to end April...I got to see my FAVORITE band ever ever..The Avett Brothers. They rocked it... as per usual. People...please listen to this amazingly beautiful song about family: (I know the quality is crappy, but it's not recorded yet)



I mean wow...can they write, or can they write? I cried last night at the last line of this song, "always remember, there is nothing worth sharing like a love that lets us share our name." Family has meant so much to me lately...including my friendships that are as close as blood.

______________________________

In other news...I would like to update everyone on my NY Resolutions. It seems about time for a report. If you'll remember, I made two resolutions:

1- Don't buy any clothes or shoes (as to fight against materialism)
2- Get serious about my career (as to not waste away in la-la land)

Number one is going well. I have bought a few things, but they have all been necessities, such as new soccer cleats (because mine were ruined) and new snowboarding boots (because I changed my bindings last year and they didn't work with my old boots). Also, I have decided that if I get gift cards, it is OK to use them to buy things. I feel less materialistic and I have saved money. Score.

My career resolution looks different than I imagined it. I wanted to jump into learning new software so I'd be more versatile as an editor/producer/graphic designer/shooter. I have done that a little. But more importantly, I have learned that honing my skills on the software I already know will aid me more. I have also decided to really stick to editing. I don't need to be a jack of all trades. Editing is my love...why am I trying to add a huge list to "things I do"? So that's what I'm doing...editing...and getting better at it. Also, I've gotten a lot of freelance work the last couple months from some cool companies. It all feels right and good and I'm just saying, keep bringing it.

So May 1, 2008. Wow.

4 Comments:

Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

i'm proud of you.

i don't think i made any resolutions this year.

... maybe that's why i don't feel like i've accomplished much of anything. hmm...

1:11 PM

 
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

oh yeah... and the avetts' show... OMG... far too amazing for words.

i thought the first one was good... but this one... WOW.
wow.

1:12 PM

 
Blogger tahj said...

w2fg on your ny resolutions. and for keeping up on your blogging. i heart avetts. i heart my hub.

11:23 AM

 
Blogger Cara said...

Yeah, I bawled my eyes out after that line.

1:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home