Self-construction instead of mass-production.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Diamonds and Gold

(It is pouring outside. Days like this make me glad I have renters insurance...just in case our house floods.)

Last night I saw Langhorne Slim play at a little bar in Ft. Worth. It was glorious. I've now seen him maybe 3 or 4 times. His is a show in which I find myself smiling from ear to ear (not in actuality...my mouth is very small) the whole time. He is wild, crazy, eccentric, and incredibly talented.

There is something so special about seeing such a great band at such a small place with such a small amount of people. I'm sure it's discouraging to the band, but to me, it's invigorating. It's like I'm in on this top secret hour of awesomeness with only a few others, even though the awesome I'm witnessing deserves to be known world wide.

Langhorne can write, dude. He can write words that speak directly to my soul. Here's my favorite verse of his new song "Diamonds and Gold":

You can have all the diamonds, you can have all the gold
But someday you're still gonna get old
Ya gotta learn to get happy along the way

Take some chances allow yourself to get lost
You're beautiful baby, You're the boss
Ya gotta learn to get a little happy along the way

2 Comments:

Blogger OK Chick said...

I love that you used the word...awesomeness.

7:24 AM

 
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

really was an awesome show.

and that really is an awesome song/verse.

so glad i could be there with you for all the awesomeness ;)

10:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home