Self-construction instead of mass-production.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Random Thoughts

I have a headache right now. Boooooo. Probably b/c I'm addicted to caffeine. I could use some coffee.

I wish I didn't drink soda, but I do.

Yesterday I worked 13 hours between The Miller Agency and FSN. In between the two places, I drank champagne with my Memaw. I realized this was a bad idea as soon as I got to FSN and had forgotten how to edit. I'm kidding. Well, sort of.

I've decided to start calling popcorn "p-corn".

My Uncle with brain cancer is doing very bad. His end is surely nearing. They aren't going to try anymore chemo. He has already lost so much basic brain function. I feel true grief for maybe the first time in my life. My heart aches when I think about my Mom letting go of her brother, who she's been taking care of so lovingly for the last year plus.

I have a trainer. Did you know that? I feel like the workouts are FINALLY getting really intense. I met with her yesterday, and today my chest and back muscles hurt so much I can barely turn my steering wheel without grimacing. That's the kind of soreness I crave. Thanks Tiffany.

The reason I have a trainer is b/c I am a major impulse buyer.

Watching Oprah is often one of the highlights of my day. I really want to work for Harpo Productions. I realize I have to move to Chicago to do this...I think I am willing.

I use to be very prone to celebrity crushes when I was a kid/teenager. I honestly thought I had a chance with these famous people. Well, I grew out of that thinking, but every now and then, it comes back. I love David Cook. There, I said it. And I don't care who knows. I LOVE YOU DAVID COOK!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

i was the same way with my celebrity crushes. still am sometimes... and i feel stupid admitting it. but oh well... now it's out there.

i think chicago would be awesome! but i'd miss you.

i'm so sorry about your uncle. i'll be praying for your family.

11:58 PM

 
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

oh yeah. and i'm ready for my trainer to make me ache.

i'm also ready to get a toll tag so i'll actually go to the gym. man... it's seriously TWICE as fast to get to the gym taking the toll road. and i'm lazy...

11:59 PM

 
Blogger Shyla said...

You are hilarious! I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. I will say prayers for your family.

8:56 AM

 
Blogger tahj said...

Random Comments:

p-corn? well, i think that's a pretty good idea. i don't know how often in a day you say popcorn and thus, how often you will get the chance to call it by it's nickname. i'm betting i will start hearing random stories about p-corn.

i wish grief didn't hurt so badly.

Opraholic caffenator.

I love NYC. I do not love Dallas.

We, as roommates and as cool nerdheads, need to bring brunch in style wherever we live. Toasting, too.

12:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home