Self-construction instead of mass-production.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Today I had a request from Liz Jordan, of KSBJ fame, saying, "you need to blog missy." And so, assuming I'm the "missy" she was referring to and she didn't accidentally write in the wrong chat box, I need to blog. I know that I've been neglecting my blog as of late. Forgive.

The theme of my life right now is change. Ever since I got back from Alaska it seems everything has just gone all spiny on me. I got a kitty. My pseudo-relationship ended for good. I started building a new relationship with Mr. Alaska. Tahj moved to Austin. It is just Bridget and I at the house. The Miller Agency told me they are letting me out of my contract...this will give me so much more time to pursue other work. A producer at Fox Sports fell in love with my work and wants to use me to edit his pieces all the time now. Cara is moving into the house this weekend...and so there were 3 again.

See? Spiny.

I knew this year was going to be one of change. Tahj, Janae and I willed it over Margaritas way back in January after watching an inspiring travel documentary. It seems to really be hitting now. I think it's exciting and I know there is much more to come. I can feel it in my bones.

7 Comments:

Blogger crackers and cheese said...

What do you mean by spiny? I feel like there's an inside joke that I'm just not getting. I'm excited for these changes for you, and glad that you seem to really be embracing them. Well, now that Cara is moving in, get ready to see more of me. Probably still in a dress :)

10:28 PM

 
Blogger heather hub said...

well, i didn't mean spiny actually, rather "spin-ee"; as in spinning. Yeah, I made it up.

I'm happy I'll be seeing you and your dresses more. Remember to wear your stockings in the winter.

12:58 PM

 
Blogger tahj said...

i've been liking the song "Change is Hard" as sung by She & Him. i'm glad you blogged. i wish you'd spelled it spinny so i wouldn't have confused it with vertebrae. i wish i knew for sure how to spell vurtabray. wish hsiw wish.

10:17 PM

 
Blogger Liz Jordan said...

Yay! Whew, withdrawal from the Hub blog is ugly, thanks for the fix.

I just love how candid and honest you are. I want to be more like that.

Change is SO good... it's strengthening and spurs reflection over the things you love, know you'll miss, and look forward to!!

11:12 AM

 
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

welcome back. i suck at blogging these days, too. ugh... i miss it... but i'm so LAZY! and busy. can those work together? hmm....

and i'm with tahj. totally would have spelled it spinny b/c i kept thinking of a girl in a back brace.

12:15 PM

 
Blogger crackers and cheese said...

Don't worry, I definitely have stockings and leggings so I can enjoy dresses year round. Weee! Spin-ny makes more sense than spiny, thanks for clearing that up!

10:25 PM

 
Blogger Cara said...

Wow, those margaritas that y'all drank really worked for all three of you. I want some of that crunk juice come January 2009.

I'm glad I'm your housemate.

9:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home