Self-construction instead of mass-production.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Back on the Wagon

I was really fit earlier this year. I had a trainer, I was eating well, I was playing a lot of soccer...I felt like a million dollar baby. Then I fell off the wagon. Why? Let me list all the reasons I bailed on my fitness routine:

1- I stopped having a trainer.

2- I got a boyfriend. One who didn't necessarily care about health or fitness.

3- I hurt my ankle in a soccer game.

4- I couldn't play soccer for a while due to said injury.

5- I was borderline depressed because I couldn't playing soccer, run or jump.

6- I got bored doing the resistance workout my trainer last showed me.

7- There were A LOT of celebratory events this summer involving food and drinks.

I think that's about it. Excuses, excuses...the point is that I let myself go and it's time to get back on that wagon. I met my trainer today for one of 6 sessions I decided to do with her. I realized JUST how out of shape I am compared to 3 months ago. YIKES! It was a big reality check. I'm gonna take that and do something with it.

This all stems from the Olympics. Watching those athletes in action makes me want to get in great shape.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelly T said...

Ooooh, I'm so jealous. Really. I love knowing that I'm carrying another child to bring into this world, but MAN, I saw some cross country kids out running last night and all I wanted to do was fall in line with them and run until my chest hurt, my legs were shaking and sweat was pouring down my face. Does that make me nuts? Have fun working out.

11:26 AM

 
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

ugh... i know how you feel. and you're in olympic shape compared to me.

i hate being out of shape :(

5:15 PM

 
Blogger crackers and cheese said...

I started going to some workout classes at the beginning of the year, but then I got a boyfriend and stopped going to them. Why do boys do that?

But props to you for getting back into shape! Those Olympic athletes sure are inspiring? Especially when you watch their bodies in HD, and then they slow down the moves, wow! Good luck with your training!

2:45 PM

 
Blogger OK Chick said...

So are you back to working out? I just started training for White Rock. See you in December!

9:25 AM

 
Blogger Cara said...

Hah, I'm getting flashbacks of being at your cousin's house. Bridget is only drinking lemonade, and I'm eating big scoops of guacamole. You caved it. Then there was the krunk juice...

9:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home