Self-construction instead of mass-production.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

crazy little thing called love

Well, I'm 28 now. The turning of my new year happened on July 27. It was a great birthday weekend...full of friends, food, family, volleyball, karaoke, cake, beer, gift cards, gifts and kisses. I'd definitely say 28 started out the right way. I'm still a bit sad about not being 27...it was my golden year and now it's over. But it was one of the best years though...full, very full.

Right now I can feel my boyfriend becoming my best friend. I believe it's how relationships should be. You should grow to like and rely on each other more and more. The kind of love that grows seems to better than that instant love feeling that fades easily and quickly.

Is he perfect? No. Do I like everything about him? No. That answer bothered me for a while. But then I thought about it, and chances are I don't like everything about you either, Reader of my blog. There are things that bother me about my friends. They aren't perfect. But I love them anyway. I can't help it, I just do. And at this rate, I will love him soon too...in spite of his imperfections and shortcomings.

Is that settling?

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelly T said...

Absolutely not! That is 100% what love is about - learning to love someone for who they are. The other kind of "love" - the not accepting those imperfections and working together through them - is why the divorce rate is so high in this country. How exciting for you, Hub! And happy late birthday!

2:29 PM

 
Blogger Liz Jordan said...

no way, NOT settling... absolutely not. Great piece you wrote here, I can always count on you for thoughts that make you think :)

4:23 PM

 
Blogger tahj said...

my friend chuck always says, if you can look yourself in the mirror and be okay with it, then he's okay with it. i think it's a wise thing for a quon to say.

1:14 AM

 
Blogger Cara said...

Wise words about the growing love vs. that instant love that fades.

9:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home