Self-construction instead of mass-production.

Monday, November 19, 2007

Other Observations about Hands

In dating, and/or relationships, feelings are often uneven. One person is more interested in the other than the other is interested in them. I recently found that you can tell who is who by the way a couple hold hands. Usually, one person holds on tight. The other person lets their hand go loose in the hold.

I don't know if this is true for all people; I suppose some people might have other reasons for holding hands tightly or loosely. But I do know that I've been both people - the one holding on tight, too tight at times, and the one with the limp, ever so limp hand. And looking back on those intertwined times, this theory of mine makes perfect sense.

5 Comments:

Blogger Anton Seim said...

Nicely worded.

11:54 PM

 
Blogger crackers and cheese said...

Very interesting observation, and I think it could be true. I've also been on both ends, holdly too loosely or too tightly, and neither of them are super-spectacular.

11:37 AM

 
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

that's awesome, heather

it's strange you write about hands and hand-holding. oddly enough, i've found myself long to hold someone's hand lately. it's a weird sensation, but i can't seem to shake it.

ah well... i'm sure it'll pass before too long.

and again, awesome post :)

5:10 PM

 
Blogger Cara said...

the best is at the very beginning when both hold on so tight, afraid they might lose each other. that happened to me once. time happened. we lost each other.

maybe it's not the best.

5:41 PM

 
Blogger TC said...

I think you make some great points with this.

11:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home