Self-construction instead of mass-production.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Irrational Fears

I'm not much of a worrier by nature. But I have had some irrational fear lately. At least what I think is irrational. You be the judge.

Fear 1- Whoever has my SSN and DL is going to keep using them until they become me and I have no identity anymore. (I was a recent victim of some MAJOR ID Theft and check fraud)

Fear 2- I won't be able to pay off my recently accrued debt in a timely manner.

Fear 3- The Miller Agency is going to ask me to work full time again. Sure, I'd get paid a lot more. But if I go full time, there goes my freedom of time that I've had for 13 months of working contract with them. The thought of being here every day for 8 hours and only having 2 week so of vacation a year hurts my stomach. So if this happens, I have no clue what I'm gonna do.

Fear 4- I'll never coach soccer and really regret that.

Fear 5- I'm gonna fall hopeless, madly, and passionately in love with someone who will not reciprocate my feelings.

Fear 6- And because of 5, I will settle for someone who I don't feel as strongly about.
_____________________________________________________

I like what Martha quoted in a recent post: "Worry is like a rocking chair--it gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere." ~Dorothy Galyean

So I'm not gonna worry about these things...I'm just gonna live my life in an optimistic way. I just wanted to get these fears out in the open.

1 Comments:

Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

thanks for sharing... and i'm glad that quote spoke to someone else. it's something i'm going to have to keep repeating to myself though... 'cause i'm a HUGE worrier by nature. i hate that, but it's true.

and btw... i AGAIN share so many of the same fears you have. insert a few different words and places here and there, but basically the same fears. sheesh.

12:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home