Self-construction instead of mass-production.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Mi Familia

Yesterday I was hanging out at my parents and we dove into some videos of our crazy awesome New Year parties we hosted from 1999 - 2001 for our extended family. We would turn our game room into the set of a TV game show...I mean totally transform it. We did "Who Wants to be a Millionaire", "Family Feud", and "Jeopardy". My Dad would build a set from scratch, we'd set up computers and TV screens to show the questions and answers, and we would record sound effects to play. Also, my Dad, who is by no means an actor, would dress and act like the host of these shows. ANNNNND... I'd make commercials to show during the game using old home movies and family footage.

At the time of these parties, it just felt like a ton of work to pull them off. And it was. It wasn't exactly what I wanted to be doing for New Years and Christmas break as a college student. But watching the videos, I miss it. It was incredible. And it really shows how much my Dad values family. Here is a clip of Family Feud: (note: my Dad is bald; that is a wig...he was portraying the creepiest Family Feud host, Richard Dawson)



I know, awesome.

Secondly, my family is still fun and creative. Right now I'm watching a video of my sister's 2 new step kids, Alli and Matt, playing putt putt in my parents house. My Dad set up this whole putt putt course for them to have a fun activity to do when they visit "Gigi and Poppy". He used cups for the holes; he used chairs and toys for obstacles; he printed up score cards; he bought prizes. It really looks so fun I'm kind of jealous that I wasn't there to play. Instead, I'm editing the footage to music for them to watch. My family loves having a video editor in the bunch...they just love it.

I'm really just so blessed. I'm gonna try to start posting more home videos. There are so many hilarious ones.

2 Comments:

Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

wow... i'm just... wow.

that's AWE SOME

1:34 PM

 
Blogger OK Chick said...

WOW that's awesome. I want to come to your parents house.

11:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home