Self-construction instead of mass-production.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Small Joys

As you can imagine, being a freelance/contract worker has some major advantages. I get by with working only part time, therefor I have much more free time than the average American. I have no children or husband to take care of either. So my free time is literally MY time. This leads to many fun and random occurrences that I don't believe would happen if I worked full time. Example:

I was hanging out at the house today around noon. I made myself a wrap to eat. Tahj was also home because she works a random schedule. She was watching the extras on the Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory movie. I sat down and watched too. We saw the segment about the amazing set design and special effects. It is truly an amazing movie. Then we saw a button that said, "Activities." We pushed. Suddenly, we were taking a dance lesson from the Oompa Loompa. It was taught to us in 8 counts. There we were in our tiny living room, wiggling and moving to "Augustus Gloop, Augustus Gloop...blah blah blah blah...Ninkam Poop." It was so joyous. Next time you're at our house, ask us to show you the dance we learned. It's pretty amazing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

hahahah! this is so awesome.

is this feature on the new chocolate factory movie or the old one?

12:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home