Self-construction instead of mass-production.

Monday, March 03, 2008

NY, NY

I spent this last weekend in New York City with my good friends Allison and Jeff Rogers.
They moved to a tiny, but adorable, apartment in Queens (from Dallas) about 6 weeks ago. Quite a move. Allison is a talented actress/singer/dancer and Jeff is an amazing artist/graphic designer/drummer. They moved to NY to pursue their dreams. They are an inspiration to me. Along with all their crazy talent, they are incredibly fun to be with. Here are some things we did.

We saw Mary Poppins and Avenue Q on Broadway. Musicals really are the best of the best on Broadway.
We ate amazing food including brunch everyday. Here, Jeff and I enjoy some coffee.
We waited in some crazy long lines, like, everywhere.
We ate delicious Thai food at "Yum Yum Bangkok".
We took a ferry to Liberty Island.
I found posing inspiration.
Jeff tried to make a new friend.
We took the whole "... the pursuit of happiness" to heart on the subway.

And finally, I saw snow! Not much, but it's the first snow I've seen since last winter.
We did other things in NY too. It was a lovely trip. NYC is a city like no other, truly. I have mad respect for people who actually live there...it is exhausting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anton Seim said...

I love a happy artistic couple living their dream together. I love it because the lie that so much of our generation is living says that in order to be happy you need to be selfish and single and you can't live the dream with your spouse.

These guys are doing it and I'm proud of them. And when I say doing it, I mean doing it.

They are married right?

12:52 PM

 
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

anton... hahhahaaha! (in case heather doesn't get back to ya, yeah... they're married)

and i agree with anton... i hate that people think they can't pursue their dreams if they're "tied down" ... i WANT to pursue my dreams with my husband (if God ever gives me one). jeff and allison are so awesome :)

and sounds like a fun trip. i'm with you... i love nyc, but i couldn't live there and i totally admire those who can/do.

10:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home