Self-construction instead of mass-production.

Friday, June 06, 2008

Puke Free

Today is an important day for me. It has been one year since I last puked. I remember it so vividly. Bridget's birthday. I started feeling sick to my stomach during dinner. It got progressively worse as we moved the party to a bar for dancing. Then it got so bad I went home early and crawled into bed, holding my stomach. I fell asleep uncomfortably. Then I woke up an hour or so later and ran to the bathroom and there is all came...the worse case of food poisoning I've ever had. Caused by Sushi. It came out both ends. At the same time. It hurt. It upset me. It disgusted me. I went back to bed and then felt queasy for the next day or two. I didn't really eat for about 4 days. I lost a pants size. I eventually started eating normally again...but in fear of food poisoning. I've pretty much stayed away from sushi since; although I love it. And my pants size went back to normal eventually.

But it's been a year. It went by fast. Bridget celebrates again and we celebrate with her. This June seems so similar to last June already. I've lost a pants size again (but not b/c I didn't eat for 4 days; I've been working out like mad). I met a guy this week and immediately felt at ease with him. Which also happened last June.

Life is good. I'm puke free and that is the way for me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Anton Seim said...

Congratulations. Puking blows...chunks.

12:48 PM

 
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

haha... anton made me chuckle.

i'm so glad you haven't thrown up in a year. i keep hoping for that anniversary, but i keep puking and the date "anniversary" keeps eluding me.

i think it's now been about two and a half weeks or so. ick.

but yay for new guys, friends with birthdays, and dropped pants sizes.
:)

1:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love to puke wen i wanna puke blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

3:10 PM

 
Blogger tahj said...

wow. a year. you've never puked in our house? you're missing out.

12:25 PM

 
Blogger tahj said...

the pink john makes an impact.

12:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home