Self-construction instead of mass-production.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Thoughts on Love

I haven't had many long term relationships. In turn, I haven't had many heart breaks. I'm thankful for this. Granted, my heart has hurt plenty due to unrequited love, missed chances and unmet expectations. But regardless of it all, I am optimistic about love.

Having love: It will be wonderful. It will be easy. It will rock me.

In all my optimism, I am equally realistic about love. Just because I like someone, they won't always like me. They may like me as a friend. They may like my friend instead. Just because someone is perfect on paper, it won't mean I'll click with them. Just because I click with someone right away, it won't mean we're compatible in all areas. And that is all OK. It's all real.

Finding love: It is terrible. It is hard. It rocks me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly T said...

And just because a guy touches your friend's butt and says, "Is this seat taken?" doesn't mean he won't end up marrying you instead. True dat.

8:22 PM

 
Blogger heather hub said...

hahaha...i'm assuming this happened with ben??? what a PLAYA!!!

10:40 AM

 
Blogger OK Chick said...

I like your thoughts on love. You are one wise women.

7:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home