Self-construction instead of mass-production.

Monday, March 01, 2010

Lessons

I am learning a lot of lessons this year. Mostly having to do with dating and the ole love life. Allow me to pass on these little gems of wisdom to all you single (shingle) ladies out there...

1- There is no need to move at lightning speed when you meet a guy you like. Really, you have all the time in the world. Rushing into a relationship will only mess that relationship up.

2- If someone isn't sure if they're into you, then assume they are not into you.

3- Don't believe everything guys say...the most charming guys who make you feel the best about yourself are most likely heartless liars trying to get in your pants.

4- It is OK to get excited about a new guy, of course. But don't let that excitement take over your life. Keep living YOUR life regardless of this new person in your life.

5- The presence of a man in your life does not equal self worth or value.

6- At 29, I still have so much to learn. I feel like I should be an expert in love by now; but alas, I am not.

OK? OK. Stay cool, ladies. Stay cool.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

All good lessons.. and all SO hard to learn. Its hard not to be super excited... but when you meet the guy that really is really into you, they'll pursue you just like they're supposed... just like the princess that you are.

12:24 PM

 
Blogger Kelly T said...

Truly hard to learn. I wish I'd learned #5 years ago and am ashamed to admit that it was years after I was married to the love of my life that I finally learned that lesson. Would've made things easier on both of us for me to learn it first... but I'm thankful God finally brought me around!!

5:03 PM

 
Blogger OK Chick said...

YOU POSTED! Thank you for the little gems of wisdom. You are very wise Ms. Hub.

7:26 AM

 
Blogger tahj said...

all important lessons--wish learning them didn't always have to come from experience. sad you didn't list "if a guy doesn't call you, then you must notify the authorities in case he has mysteriously and suddenly died." that's important, too.

11:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home