Self-construction instead of mass-production.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

great things

An update of sorts for my loyal readers. All 300 of you...

I am coaching a U12 girls competitive soccer team. It's been an interesting experience. It definitely takes more time and energy than I imagined and it really cuts into my ever-expanding social life. But I have made bonds with some of the girls. I am so happy when I see improvement in them. There a few that really test my patience, but I am learning how to deal with that. All in all, I'd say I'm glad I took the role of coach. But for the record, playing is more fun.

Personal training - is also not what I expected it to be. It's a roller coaster ride...sometimes I hate it, sometimes I love it. I really like a few of my clients. One in particular, Casey, is awesome. She is 24 years old and heavy enough to be on The Biggest Loser. I know it's hard and embarrassing for her to get in the gym, but she does it anyway. I have trained her for a month now and she's lost 10 pounds and 6.5 inches. She was so excited today when I measured her. It was a priceless moment. It's a good feeling knowing that you're contributing to someone's happiness and health so much. That makes me want to stick to training, regardless of the crap it involves sometimes.

Editing - still working on the Nat. Geo project and it's wonderful. I got to work with the Executive Producer a while back for a few hours. He called me the Harry Potter of editing. Kind of weird...but what he meant was that I move my fingers so fast, to him I might as well be doing wizardry. I think that's what he meant at least. I'm also beginning to do promo videos for a kettlebell gym and I'm so excited about that. Why? Because I'm doing it on trade; which means I'll get to take kettlebell classes consistently. Which is something I've wanted to do for a while.

Boyfriend - let me just post this post secret instead of talk about it. I will say one thing, breaking up is extremely hard.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

I'm glad to be the first of 300 comments.

I'm glad for how you're a part of Casey's and your other clients' and your soccer girls' lives, how you're a part of positive change and improvement.

I'm glad your fingers move real fast-like.

I'm glad because I know God is going to provide great, great things for you.

But I'm not glad that you're hurting right now.

4:20 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with Cara --- I'm glad for the great things in your life, but I'm sorry for the hurting. "There is an alchemy in sorrow. It can be transmuted into wisdom, which, if it does not bring joy, can yet bring happiness." (Pearl Buck)

Did you do that PostSecret? When I saw it this past week on PostSecret's website, I thought it looked like you; it reminded me of you. May you find great things in your future, but never forget the great things from your past, or the great things you are experiencing now.

10:25 PM

 
Blogger Shyla said...

I am sure many great things are coming your way. You're an amazing person and God will always be blessing you.

2 Kings 6:16-17

6:15 AM

 
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

that personal training story is so awesome... i'm glad you have those moments to make you want to stick with it. even when it sucks.

i hope to see what you do with the whole national geographic thing someday. i'm sure it's awesome... and what a compliment. harry potter is cool.

i'm sorry, too, to hear that you're hurting :( but i'm glad you are already looking at the positive. and i hope that continues to grow stronger.

you're awesome :)

4:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home