Self-construction instead of mass-production.

Friday, June 26, 2009

An Old Poem with No Title

I wrote this when I was studying abroad in the Pacific Rim way back in 2001. I actually wrote a lot of poems then and most of them are pretty lame. But I actually like this one a lot.

I wait with yearning,
when will you arrive?
I sit alone
saving a seat by my side.

An hour has passed
and I still wait.
I glance at my watch;
why are you so late?

Now I am pacing,
biting my nails too.
My heart is in turmoil:
as per usual with you.

The night is gone
daylight creeps in.
I wipe away my tears
and I begin to grin.

I realize you were also waiting,
just in another place.
We'll figure it out some time,
but today was not our day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

love this!

12:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home