Self-construction instead of mass-production.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Oh Corporate America....

So as of today, the creative department at my office, which consist of 4 of us, are allowed to wear jeans or cargo pants everyday. This is great news...for me. I'm a lover of cargo pants...and my co-worker Chris is a lover of jeans and all-stars. So we're pretty happy today in our comfy attire. But I just know as soon as AE's and others start noticing, they're gonna throw a hissy. A TOTAL HISSY. I think it'll be fun...drama at work really adds excitement to the day. Especially when it's about something this silly.

Another hissy is gonna be thrown when I quit. I'm planning on putting in my "7 week" notice on Monday. I know 7 weeks seems like an insane amount of time for a notice, but, well, I'm kind of a big deal around here. I'm the only editor so it's not like anyone can just pick up the slack until they find a new editor. So I'm giving them a long time so we can take time to find a good replacement and then teach them out to "guerilla edit". That's what I call it...with automotive advertising, you have to edit so RIDICULOUSLY fast it's practically inhuman. So anyway, 7 weeks should be a sufficient notice.

Right now, to me, Corporate America is nothing more than a bunch of adults throwing hissy fits.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I love how being creative is somehow associated with wearing comfortable clothing. It's like being rewarded because you think differently. I like that.

8:51 AM

 
Blogger Krista said...

Congratulations on the casual clothing. I wish I could get away with that. Yes, corporate America can sometimes seem like high school...people throwing hissy fits and causing drama. I don't think you ever truly get away from that in life.

6:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home