Self-construction instead of mass-production.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Uncle Dan

My uncle passed away on May 20. It was sad, but it was time...his time. But it was still hard, even knowing that. My family had the most perfect memorial for him at a lake...his favorite lake in East Texas where he had fished hundreds of times. We had a celebration with food, beer, live music, fishing and love. Tons of people came to remember and celebrate a life well lived. I made a video to show. Everyone who knew Danny loved it...it turned out to be a perfect reflection of his life. It showcased how friends, family, fishing and fun were the 4 things he lived for. He only lived 48 years, but everyday was full for him. He had no regrets. He LIVED...more than most people know how to.

The video in 3 parts: (the second is my favorite, if you're gonna watch one)




4 Comments:

Blogger Brett and sometimes Benji said...

Good for you!...

11:09 PM

 
Blogger OK Chick said...

I'm sorry for your lose, but it sounds like you honored him very well. I know he'd be proud.

7:47 AM

 
Blogger Shyla said...

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Your family will be in my prayers

8:06 PM

 
Blogger Cara said...

Wow, Heather, this sounds perfect. The video (I watched the second one) was beautiful; I'm sure everyone laughed and cried.

1:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home