Self-construction instead of mass-production.

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Observations

I have been living in Golden now for 5 weeks. Exactly. And today, on my 5 week anniversary of residency, I am flying home. Home. Dallas. I can't wait. I miss it so much. It gets unbearable.

I can't say life is ideal at this moment in time. It is really hard to get work right now with this economy and what-not. I spend a lot of time alone. Too much time. It's time to think about what I'm missing out on at home. It's time to beat myself up and lose confidence. It's time to stress out about not working. It's time to eat too much. It's time to sleep too much too.

When you move somewhere to be with someone without anything else there for you, it's hard. It puts a lot of pressure on that person to be everything to you until you get other things going. It puts stress on the relationship.

There ARE things that make me happy: laughing uncontrollably with Justin. Playing a good soccer game. Chatting with Kate (roommate). Playing with Cheddar (the cat). Working out with kettlebells. Perusing craigslist. Taking in the the ever-present beauty of the mountains when I drive. Studying my personal trainer certification materials.

So my life may not be ideal, but it's not bad. It's just a time I have to go through, I suppose.

2 Comments:

Blogger OK Chick said...

You are going to be a personal trainer. Very cool. I'd let you be my trainer.

I have no doubt that you will start meeting people very soon. You are a fun person to be around. I mean, your Hub!

Enjoy Dallas.

10:01 AM

 
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

i'm so so glad i got to see you this weekend!
and i hope things get better soon. i'll be praying for you :)

4:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home