Self-construction instead of mass-production.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Reflection

I really enjoy going back every now and then to read my old blogs. Sometimes I'll just pick random months and years to click on and read. Sometimes I'll just skim a few...or just check out the pictures. It's a good reminder of how great life is...how blessed I am. One of my favorite things is to read peoples comments. I LOL-ed several times just now. I think people mostly blog for themselves...to have a record of what was happening before. Public-journaling. Totally brill. Somewhat censored, sure, but still brill. Totally.

This weekend and the next are two specific times I wish I was in Dallas. Parties. Friends. Food. Festivities. All that I'll be missing.

I watched part of Sex and The City (The Movie) tonight and I was missing my girls. Justin said the other day, "why do you miss Dallas right now? What would you being doing if you were there?" I said I wasn't sure, but whatever it was, I'd feel like myself doing it. I'd feel at home. I'd probably have just been sitting around with roommates talking and/or watching TV...nothing "special", but it would have been special. I don't really miss the things I had going on in Dallas, I miss the people I had going on in Dallas.

I really need to stop blogging about being homesick. It's just so prevalent in my life currently. But yes, I'll stop.

Shank shoe for reading.

3 Comments:

Blogger OK Chick said...

No keep blogging about being homesick. It will help.

I've never seen Sex and The City (movie). Is it good?

Sister #2 had prom this weekend. Remember when you went home with me to see Sister #1 leave for prom? Fun times!

7:44 AM

 
Blogger Martha Elaine Belden said...

if it helps... we miss you, too

but i sincerely hope colorado finds its place in your heart soon.

9:24 AM

 
Blogger Cara said...

Upon reading this 30 seconds ago I had a strong desire to come here and type, "I love you." Looks like I just did. "Shy shove shoe" sounds so much better.

11:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home