Self-construction instead of mass-production.

Thursday, March 04, 2010

March 4, 2010

Today is kind of huge. Exactly one year ago, I moved to Colorado. It's really hard to grasp that a whole year has passed. It was quite an eventful year. Since I am, at heart, a list-er, here's a list noting important things from the year in Colorado:

1- I moved three times and now live alone in a house that I love; after renting two different basements.

2- I got certified to be a Personal Trainer and worked at 24 Hour Fitness for six months.

3- I was depressed for the first time in my life.

4- I coached soccer for the first time and, all in all, enjoyed it.

5- I have had the chance to go snowboarding 21 days. That's a lot in a year, no?

6- I learned a lot about relationships and how much work they can be.

7- My relationship ended.

8- I took internet dating to a whole new level (or maybe just- I started internet dating).

9- I made some really great friends who enjoy the same things I do.

10- I discovered a new love for Kettlebells.

11- I got really just super fit.

12- I went into pretty severe debt.

13- I had the chance to travel back to Dallas A LOT. One trip was, unfortunately, for my Oma's funeral. But going home to see my family and friends always saved me a little.

14- I took some really beautiful hikes with friends.

15- I learned that life really is what you make of it. Your attitude is the umbrella that covers everything in your life. Happiness can be found really anywhere; but sometimes you have to search for it.

I guess a year ago as I pulled into the city, this isn't how I pictured my life being today. But this is my reality and it's wonderful and surprising and fun. I love living here and I plan to stay for a while. New discovers to be made everyday...and blogged about (well, let's be real; I probably won't blog about everything).

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I can't believe it has been a year! I'm glad for the things you've learned over the past year, and for the ways living in Colorado has made you grow and change. I miss our girl trips, though. We need to grab Tahj and take another trip!!!

12:20 PM

 
Blogger tahj said...

w2g on the 1 year mark. i like your lists.

11:48 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to thank the blogger very much not only for this post but also for his all previous efforts. I found www.dkandliz.com to be very interesting. I will be coming back to www.dkandliz.com for more information.

1:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm hm.. that's quiet interessting but actually i have a hard time figuring it... wonder what others have to say..

4:08 PM

 
Blogger Cara said...

Love this post.

4:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home