Self-construction instead of mass-production.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sigh No More

Sighing...I find myself sighing too often when it comes to men, when it comes to dating, when it comes to the condition of my delicate (don't tell anyone I used that word as a descriptor) heart. While dating has basically consumed my life this year, right now it all feels like a huge waste of time.

The thing is, I am nearing 30. And at my core, I crave a rockin' relationship; I crave comfort, amongst other things male companionship brings. I desire having my own family unit and exploring the bounds of unconditional love. I want all that. Badly. But nothing I've had so far has felt quite right. Everything winds up as more of a pain than a joy. And THIS is annoying.

There is a song by one of my new favorite bands, Mumford and Sons, called "Sigh No More". I'm not sure any lyrics have ever so accurately described my deepest desires like this song does...

"Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you; it will set you free. Be more like the (wo)man you were made to be....The beauty of love as it was made to be."

Listen to the whole thing here: http://www.lala.com/#album/504684635190117185

I want this...I want love that won't hurt so much. That won't trap me, but rather that I can thrive in. That I can feel free in. That I can be myself in. That I can grow in. I want this.

But it's hard to believe this exist. So I'm done looking for it. Done. Let it find me; if it is a real thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie Stein said...

i have been feeling this same way for awhile as well, just want to say you're not the only one. that Mumford & Sons song is my favorite, such a wonderful/comforting lyric.
i hope it finds you :)

1:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home